Monday, November 12, 2007

Need Food!!!

UPDATED: Friday, Nov 16 3:38 pm

Here it is - the weekend, and I think I have ALL the food donated!!! Yippee!
I went to the hospital today to go over some things and check out the site of the dinner. I was worried about renting some chafing dishes to keep the food warm, but guess what? There is a BIG buffet server with 4 pans and heat! PLUS a LARGE coffee pot! PLUS an ice machine! Praise the Lord!

I received a check today in the mail - thanks to MJ & her hubby - their daughter is a cancer survivor and they were very generous to help me in that way. I plan to use that money to buy the things I mentioned earlier, like the peanut oil and injector stuff for the turkeys.

Since my brother in law is loaning us his fryer, my husband will be able to fry 2 turkeys at a time that morning. Pray that the weather will cooperate since he has to do this outside at our house.

So have you been to Walmart today? Good grief - it is almost like the day after Thanksgiving already! I went at 9 am because I needed a couple of microwaveable meals and 3 thermometers to go in the 3 baskets I was taking to the hospital, and the grocery section was a mad house! I am going to send the kids off to grandma's tonight so I can venture back in Wally World sans kids. I got a good amount of decorations (thanks JT!) donated, so I hopefully only need to pick up a couple more tablecloths and candles/candleholders!



I am reposting the list of food we need donated and I am going to update this list as people let me know what they want to send. I am also going to put your initials if you are planning to serve, so folks will see how many people we still need to help.

Thursday, November 22 - the Jubilee Room at USA Children's & Women's, the room is reserved from 1 pm to 5 pm. The actual dinners should take place between 2 pm and 4 pm.

This is what I need donated:
FOOD:
turkeys (2 or 3) - we will be frying them earlier that day, if anybody wants to help do that, let us know! - ALL TURKEYS ARE DONATED!
pans of dressing (3-4) - ALL dressing is donated
sweet potato casserole - ALL sweet potato casserole is donated
green bean casserole - ALL green bean casserole is donated
mashed potatoes - ALL mashed potatoes are donated
potato salad - ALL potato salad is donated
cranberry sauce - ALL cranberry sauce is donated
gravy
rolls - ALL rolls are donated
assorted pies, traditional Thanksgiving desserts - 1 pumpkin roll is donated, 1 coconut cake is donated, 1 pecan pie and 2 miscellaneous desserts are donated
any other sides that you think would be appropriate - 2 dishes of deviled eggs are donated
sweet & unsweet tea (a few gallons) - All tea is donated
coffee (might be able to get some there at the hospital) - getting it from hospital

DECORATIONS:
Thanksgiving table arrangements - pretty much all decorations are donated
table cloths in fall colors - 4 table cloths are donated
any fall color candles/candleholders - some candleholders are donated

DISHES:
I am going to try to rent some dishes from the local rental supply place - they will even wash them!

SERVERS - UPDATED:
SG
MG
HG
CJ
VM
EM
BR
NM
RM
BS
CS

(let me know if you said you wanted to help and you aren't on this list!)


With HOPE (and LOTS OF HELP, I HOPE)
Tammy

No comments:

Thank you for your donations!

Thank you for your donations!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

Colette & Azaleas

Colette & Azaleas