Monday, November 19, 2007

It's ALMOST here!

UPDATE: Monday morning - Does anyone have any CLEAN empty ice chests I can borrow? I have to cook the food here and then transport it to the hospital. I plan to use ice chests, towels and those heat packs to pull this off! Let me know!

Yikes! I am starting to get a little nervous! I am sure this will pass in the day to come, because I usually am just fine when its time to get serious and pull this off. But today I can be nervous because I still have time!

I have learned over the past 6 months and 2 events or so at the hospital, have everything planned ahead of time, and this time I am even drawing a layout map for the people who are helping me so I can give them a goal. Usually I have everything in my head, but not this time. I have several pages in a notebook with who is bringing what, what do I need to pick up, who do I need to call, etc. I feel like a party planner!

Today I am putting the pans and food together. The green bean casserole lady gets a pan with her ingredients, the sweet potato casserole lady and the the corn casserole lady both get pans too. Plus my grandma is making COCONUT CAKE with frozen coconut! I had never heard of that until this weekend! So I need to drop that off for her since she doesn't drive.

And I STILL need to go by Port City Rentals & Honey Baked Hams. I don't know why I get nervous about doing that kind of stuff, I guess I hate being told no. But I am going to pray and think positively that whoever I see will want to help out. This time around, I haven't really needed any corporate assistance! Can you believe that? (well, if you don't count some help from the hospital), but I have not needed to ask any company to donate food, because everything has been provided! Yippee!

I am starting to make a list, "thaw dressing on Tuesday night", "pick up fryer from Craig's house", "chill cranberry sauce", "bring ladle for gravy, etc" How does Martha Stewart do it all?????!

With HOPE and EXCITEMENT,
Tammy
PS: ChemoMoms can still use your donations - I have used all the money that was given for donations (because mostly the items were given), so if anything comes up last minute, I will have to spend my own money (which is ok, but I am trying to keep ChemoMoms on its own!)

No comments:

Thank you for your donations!

Thank you for your donations!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

Colette & Azaleas

Colette & Azaleas