Tuesday, September 2, 2008

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month!!!

Hey all! Sorry for the absence, life has been busy around here!

Welcome to September! Our month is finally here! I have been working on some things (quietly) and still have some details to finalize, but I wanted to remind you to do what you can to spread the word about Childhood Cancer and Gold Ribbons.

September 13 was chosen by President Bush as National Childhood Cancer Awareness Day, so we are hosting a Movie Night at the USA Children's & Women's Hospital on that day. We will watch a movie (I think it is "College Road Trip"), have snowcones, popcorn and candy, along with some fun door prizes and balloons for all! The movie will take place in the Jubilee Room this year, because we just ran out of room in the other playroom. I will update more as I determine what is needed in the way of donations.

Since we have 2 childhood cancer survivors at my daughter's school, and I just happen to be on the PTO board, we will have gold ribbons decorating our school campus this month! I planned to put them up this weekend, but Hurricane Gustav had other ideas, so hopefully we will get those ribbons up in the next day or so. I will be sure to post the pictures!

Another thing we are doing is called "Coins for Kids". In September, our students will be bringing in their spare change to donate to the USA CWH specifically for cancer kids. For each day's donation, the students will receive a gold ribbon sticker they can proudly wear. At the end of the week, we will be sure to let the students know how much they raised and probably elect someone to give the money to the hospital. I know I was so excited that our school agreed to do this!!

I hope to have more information soon!

With HOPE,
Tammy

No comments:

Thank you for your donations!

Thank you for your donations!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

Colette & Azaleas

Colette & Azaleas