Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday Update

Just wanted to tell you all what I got accomplished today:

Since our face painting lady can't come, I was on the hunt for tattoos...walked into the Target Dollar Spot and guess what they had? GLITTER PATRIOTIC TATTOOS!! The best part? HALF PRICE!! So I got 4 packs for $2!! YAY!

Went to Hobby Lobby, looking for some other cheap craft ideas, since a couple of my prior crafts won't work this year...got some stuff, got in line, used my tax exempt card and the manager came over to approve it. Well I forgot my letter to ask for donations, and he said they do that through corporate, but I asked if he thought it could be approved by this Friday, and he asked me what I wanted and I just named a couple of things and he said GO AHEAD! WHOOO HOO!!

Went to Mobile Popcorn and picked up popcorn and stuff for the popcorn cart that the hospital is letting us use.

OH YEAH - THE BEST NEWS OF THE DAY IS::::
WE GET TO HAVE THE PARTY IN THE CAFETERIA!!!! YYYYAAAAAAYYYY!!! This is good for several reasons:
1) loading and unloading from our vehicles will be a snap
2) spill blue snowcone? NO PROBLEM!
3) kids can see the night sky and feel "outside" more...(floor to ceiling windows)
4) more room to do the crafts and allow the parents to hang out too!
5) the hospital won't be inundated with the smell of popcorn, just in case of any burning smell...
6) the shave ice machine is noisy

SO hooray! Everything is working out great! And we have several adults (and some teens) coming so it is going to be MUCH more organized than last year. I will still need to get a couple more things...we are still nailing down the items for the crafts and will need a few more cases of cokes, so if someone still wants to help out, it is not too late!!

With HOPE,
Tammy

No comments:

Thank you for your donations!

Thank you for your donations!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

Colette & Azaleas

Colette & Azaleas