Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's Getting Closer!!!

Thanks everyone for your phone calls and for forwarding the emails. As of last night, I officially have enough watermelons and cokes!!

I am also up to approx 11 people (including teens) so I could still use more hands but yay!

As mentioned in the earlier post, I am dividing up the duties so each person or pair will have a specific job they will be responsible for.

NOW for crafts...
I pulled out the decorations and crafts left over from last year and here is what I need:

--patriotic treat bags
--cardstock stars - dollar tree has a bag of these in their school supply section...we make "magic wands" out of 2 of these stars each
--patriotic ribbon - be found in scrapbook section or just red/white & blue for magic wands
--pony beads in red, white and blue - there should be a package of these in the holiday craft section, they have stars and regular beads too. I have the stringing material for bracelets or whatever...
--some metallic bendy garland - this is to decorate IV poles - just make sure they don't have words on them (like Happy Birthday) or Christmas trees...you get the idea
--foamies bucket of patriotic shapes
--stiff felt sheets in red/blue/white or black

I AM going to Hobby Lobby to ask for any of these as donations. I received the letter from the hospital plus I have a tax-exempt card at HL so hopefully this will take care of itself, but if not I can purchase these items with money that folks plan to donate.

Keep checking for more information...
WITH HOPE AND EXCITEMENT!
Tammy

No comments:

Thank you for your donations!

Thank you for your donations!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

Colette & Azaleas

Colette & Azaleas