Thursday, December 27, 2007

What a Great Holiday!

I hope everyone had a great holiday - we did! Having been through cancer treatment only solidifies the importance of a holiday like Christmas - love, sacrifice, humility, faith and HOPE.

Fortunately, the little 2 yr old girl was able to go home on the night before I was to take the tree, so she could be home for Christmas and come back afterwards. So I still have a raspberry Christmas tree. BUT, other things happened. Stash's mom bought some gifts from her own money and wanted to take them to the kids, so I met her on Saturday morning and we passed out a wagon-full of gifts. Afterwards I took her to Spot of Tea since she had never been and it's such a girly place! We talked and had a few laughs. I think it was good for her and I was happy I was able to do it for her.

On Friday, I was able to meet with Jensen's mom. We talked for a while and it brought back a lot of memories for me, sitting in the room, the chemo smells, etc. It has been 2 years since Colette had chemo, but it is something you never forget. His mom set up a caringbridge site so go and leave them some encouragement!

I am also waiting to hear from the hospital when the little girl is able to have visitors again. I received some donated Christmas gifts for her (she is a cutie!) and I want to take them to her after her surgery.

With HOPE,
Tammy

1 comment:

Charlcie Steuble said...

Tammy, I really enjoy reading your blog but had not visited in a while. So glad that I did today. Thanks for the link to the CureSearch website on your Chemo Moms blog. Hopefully those seeking information about childhood cancer will find help on our website. We've also started a blog that I hope you'll visit from time to time: http://curesearchnccf.blogspot.com/
Charlcie
CureSearch

Thank you for your donations!

Thank you for your donations!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

Colette & Azaleas

Colette & Azaleas