Wednesday, December 19, 2007

ChemoMoms Needs Your Help!

Sorry for not posting sooner, but things have been hectic, the typical busy around the holidays.

When Colette was in stem cell 2 years ago, for Christmas, I picked up the cutest hot pink Christmas tree and ornaments. We still put it up each year and I try to add a few ornaments each year. Recently my brother was in Birmingham, and went to the store where I bought Colette's and they had one left in the box. He picked it up and I have been waiting to hear from the hospital if anyone would need it this year. Well I just heard today.

There is a 2-yr old little girl in the hospital for Christmas in Mobile! She is still waiting on a diagnosis, but they called me knowing I had the tree available. We all hoped NO ONE would be in the hospital for this holiday...so here is what I need your help with:

I need ornaments for the tree! The tree is only about 3 feet tall, so the ornaments need to be PLASTIC, SMALL and preferably things like Dora, My Little Pony, or Disney Princess. WalMart and Target usually carry the packs of 5 mini ornaments for around $7. I am going to pick up a white mini boa to use as garland, and I think I have a star. I also need WHITE LIGHTS. We just used our last set outside since our chasing lights died last year!

If this is something you would like to help with, please email me or respond to this post - we are on a time frame, so I would LOVE to bring it to her as soon as possible.

Also, another little boy in Mobile has been diagnosed with neuroblastoma. I am going to visit with his mom in the next day or so. She already received a basket, but I am going to take a lapghan to her when I go. I don't know if I have mentioned this, but a sweet lady named Rebecca has handmade mini-afghans for the moms in the hospital. They are a perfect size for sitting in the infusion room, doctor's office, or just being cozy at the hospital. They were prayed over with every stitch. They are so special and so soft!! I have already delivered one to a mom that I met at Thanksgiving. I think I am going to wrap this one in Christmas paper and let her open it.

I am also trying to come up with something special to do on Christmas Eve. I mean, how many folks will actually get visitors on Christmas Eve? It would be so cool to drop by and either give a card, or maybe I will take a bracelet to the moms who are stuck in the hospital on that special family holiday. I don't think there will be many though. I think it is one of the worst times of the year to be in the hospital, cancer or not.

Well, I've got lots to do! Let me know if you have any of those little ornaments or can pick up a pack of them. I will be happy to pick them up from anywhere in Mobile!

With HOPE,
Tammy

No comments:

Thank you for your donations!

Thank you for your donations!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

Colette & Azaleas

Colette & Azaleas