Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I just wanted to take a minute to tell you all that I am thankful for you. If you are here, reading this page, then I am thankful that you care enough to see what it's about.

I am also thankful that my child is not in the hospital, we are not in another city to be near the hospital, and that she is going to be running and playing with her cousins in a few hours, with the hours of chemo and hundreds of needle sticks FAR AWAY from her memory. Instead, she is going to be arguing over who is Cinderella, which one is getting the white purse, and who is going to dance with Prince Charming (her cousin Matthew)!

That is my number one on my Thankful list.

I do have another special prayer request: Stash Phillips is a 12-yr old from Semmes. He had a brain tumor, had it removed, etc at St. Jude and was in remission for 9 months until August 07, when another type of brain tumor came back. Instead of aggressively treating it, St. Jude sent him home since he cannot have another brain surgery and his options were very few. Since then, he has been getting a mild treatment at USA CWH (the local hospital) but has been getting really bad headaches. His mom took him to St. Jude earlier this week because the recent CT shows the tumor is not responding and also is getting bigger. So his mom is dealing with not only being in Memphis for the holiday, but also getting some pretty devastating news on the holiday. Please lift the PHILLIPS family up in your prayers. His website is here: Stash

That sorta depresses me, but at the same time, it is families like Stash's that I am doing this dinner for today! I met another mom yesterday, and an older patient too. I told him he could call ChemoMoms himself if he knew his mom was having a bad day and needed some encouragement. He & I planned to send his mom some flowers - he said her favorite color is blue. I went to Target yesterday, but I didn't have enough money on me to get the big blue/purple bouquet, so I have to wait until 3 weeks from now when he goes back in the hospital. I plan to take her some flowers then. I was so excited to actually hear a patient say, "I want my mom to have _______". I think things are picking up for ChemoMoms again! This event has been MUCH more productive, using MANY resources available. I even have someone from the hospital who will write out the thank yous for me! YAY!

OK, I need to get off this thing - we have 4 turkeys WAITING to be FRIED!

With HOPE AND THANKSGIVING!
Tammy

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I thought about you today and wished I was there to help you out!! I hope it went well. I'm thankful that I know you and that I can tell everyone how wonderful you and your precious daughter are!! I know you have a heart of gold and I hope you had a wonderful day with your family!! Miss you!!!

Megan M. said...

On my thankful list is knowing you, and being able to deepen my faith through the healing hand of God on Colette.
I hope yesterday was all you dreamed it could be, and so much more. My thoughts and prayers were with you, and all the wonderful people who were able to help you. I hope you all had a great day, and enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend.

Thank you for your donations!

Thank you for your donations!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

Colette & Azaleas

Colette & Azaleas