Saturday, September 1, 2007

CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS MONTH

It's finally "our" month! Yay! I have been very busy gearing up for this month. I have been passing out gold lapel ribbons that I make to anyone who will wear it! I also took 3 baskets to USA Children's & Women's yesterday, they were out. I am making gold awareness bracelets with silver-plate and gold-plate beads, Swarovski crystals and little gold ribbon charms to sell. Please spread the word to anyone you know, they are $25 each and ALL proceeds go to ChemoMoms. Here is a pic:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


When making the baskets yesterday, I ended up buying almost everything for the last 2 baskets. That means I am completely OUT of everything now, except gum & mints. I don't even have any baskets or cellophane wrap! I am going to list again, the items I really need to put in the baskets.

Microwaveable meals
Lysol wipes
Purse size calendar (make sure it has some 2007 months in it)
Address book
toothbrush/toothpaste
travel size shampoo and conditioner
body wash
purse size hand sanitizer
digital thermometers
baskets
cellophane (like for Easter baskets, I know you can buy it cheaply at Fred's)

While at the hospital I ran into Dr. Wilson, she was happy to see Colette. She saw the baskets and I gave her one of the bracelets. She was glad to know we are doing so well.

I will post more later about the Movie Night this month for the kids. I am getting closer to having that finalized.

If you would like some small lapel ribbons, please comment back or email me and I will mail them to you. Also, we are making some LARGE ribbons for trees! Let me know if you want one!!

With HOPE,
Tammy

No comments:

Thank you for your donations!

Thank you for your donations!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

Colette & Azaleas

Colette & Azaleas