Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Slowly getting off the ground...

So it is taking a little longer than I expected to get this group going! I know we have been super busy with normal life things like soccer, church, Easter, school, but I am getting ready to dig in to ChemoMoms full force. I just want to get past Easter! LOL

I still have not really received ANYTHING donation-wise for the mom baskets that I am supplying for the hospital. I am basically going around my house and collecting things that are on the list and trying to make do until we start getting some items given to us. I know with Easter baskets and school parties, everyone is trying to get those things purchased and to the schools on the right days, I know I am doing the same thing!

We have had a donation of Avon items (chapstick, lotion, etc) - THANKS TO MEGAN in INDIANA! If anyone needs an AVON rep - MEGAN is the girl for you!

Please please please - keep your eyes peeled for holiday clearance items such as cellophane wrap and ribbon and colorful buckets. I will be more than happy to come by and pick up anything you want to send our way, just email me with your phone number.

There is a new diagnosis in Mobile - they think it is Severe Aplastic Anemia, which must be treated with a bone marrow transplant. They are supposed to be going to Bham this week for their first time. I went by and met the parents last week and took a goodie bag filled with small items (chapstick, tylenol, tums, nail file) and an address book. The mom had a notebook so she was ahead of the game! LOL

Also, if you will please advertise this blog on your websites, I would appreciate it greatly! I am praying that the right people will be led here and they will help get this off the ground. I hear from so many people that this is a great thing we are doing, so I know it is going to be a huge success at some point! I just wish it would happen soon! LOL

Well, I need to take care of the normal mom duties around the house, so I am logging out. Please take time to remember the significance of this week . . . more on that later!

With HOPE,
Tammy

No comments:

Thank you for your donations!

Thank you for your donations!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month at USA Children's & Women's Hospital!

Colette & Azaleas

Colette & Azaleas